This link gives a lot of resources to learn more about how to support those with Down Syndrome.
NDSS-link for the National Down Syndrome Society Even though October is the official month for the Awareness, there is always local events, activities, and support being offered year round. The NDSS is also very active when it comes to social media-check out the info below...
NDSS is active on several social media outlets year-round, and Down Syndrome Awareness Month is an especially good time to follow and share! In addition to our regular social media activity, here are some bright spots to keep an eye on this month:
- On Twitter, @NDSS will be tweeting throughout the month using the hashtag #DSAM2013. Follow along, retweet and use the hashtag in your own tweets to join the conversation this October.
- On Pinterest, check out our Down Syndrome Facts & Figures board and other boards for a quick and easy way to share information with friends and family. If you've been to a Buddy Walk® this season, send a photo with a caption to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be added to the Buddy Walk® board.
- Visit the NDSS Facebook page and YouTube channel for updates and news throughout the month.
- Do you blog? Check out our Down Syndrome Awareness Month blogger guide for ideas and inspiration.
- With a Little Moxie hosts a community blog hop on the 21st of every month which all are welcome to join. The badge for the hop is below:
target="_blank"><img src="http://www.withalittlemoxie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/hop.jpg" alt="Monthly Community Blog Hop"><a/>
- Other social media spots are: Down syndrome Blogs , The International Alliance of Writers for Down syndrome, and The International Alliance of Writers for Down syndrome Facebook Group
And now I have to share a photo of my bff's little girl and her cousin-I've shared it before but they are so cute and it may become a tradition this time of year. Spread the awareness!